In celebration of World Pasta Day, we asked Enrica Rocca to share one of their favourite pasta recipes with us. We made this Roasted Pepper and Cherry Tomato Orzo Salad and can vouch for just how deliciously colourful and surprisingly light it is!
If you’d like to discover more Italian recipes or tour Portobello for ingredients, before heading back to cook up a feast, check out Enrica Rocca’s classes here!
Roasted Pepper and Cherry Tomato Orzo Salad
Serves 4 as main or 8 as side.
500 gr Orzo Pasta
1 bunch basil roughly chopped
3 red peppers, cut into 2 cm cubes
2 yellow peppers, cut into 2 cm cubes
500gr cherry tomatoes
2 red onions, cut into 2 cm cubes
1/4 cup of capers in salt, rinsed
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/4 cup of Taggiasche or Kalamata olives, roughly chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
2. On a baking tray put the cubed peppers and onions, whole cherry tomatoes, capers and oregano. Drizzle generously with olive oil, season with salt and give everything a quick mix.
3. Bake in the oven for approximately 40 minutes checking on it every 15 minutes and giving it a mix.
4. Bring a pot of salted water to the boil, and cook the orzo until it is soft but still al dente. Once cooked drain and mix with olive oil to stop it sticking.
5. Mix the pasta with the roasted vegetables, olives, and basil and season with olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.